What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. By submitting this form, you agree that your information may be used for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to contact you by phone or text message at the telephone number provided, even if you previously registered on a do not call Registry to share information about our products and services.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We will never sell or share your information without your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at The Bristal Assisted Living, c/o Ultimate Care Assisted Living Management, 5 Orville Drive, Suite 100, Bohemia, NY 11716.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
For EEA users, effective May 25, 2018,
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we comply with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC framework as set forward by the European Union regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from European union member countries and Switzerland. We collect and process information only where we have legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you services, including to operate the services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of these;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use, though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the services.
For Canadian users,
The Bristal Assisted Living has adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards which substantially mirror the EU safeguards against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of the user data. The Bristal Assisted Living’s policy is to protect and safeguard any personal information obtained in accordance with Canadian laws governing the protection of personal information and data.
External Sites and Tools
We employ other companies and tools to provide services to our customers and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service and providing customer service. In all cases where we share your information with such external agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
For all users,
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to The Bristal Assisted Living, c/o Ultimate Care Assisted Living Management, 5 Orville Drive, Suite 100, Bohemia, NY 11716
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Bristal Assisted Living,
c/o Ultimate Care Assisted Living Management,
5 Orville Drive, Suite 100,
Bohemia, NY 11716