Prepared. Experienced. Committed.
Maintaining the health and safety of our residents and staff is always our top priority. From visitation to vaccination, The Bristal remains committed to the safety measures that we have put into place which are designed to help protect our residents, their families, and our team members.
The information detailed below may be edited or changed at any time as the COVID-19 situation changes and/or recommendations are updated by local, state, and federal health authorities. Always refer to this page for the most current date and time stamped information.
Last updated: 04/08/2022 16:22EST
Community Safety Protocols & Procedures
The Bristal is – and always has been – committed to the health and well-being of the residents in our care. The COVID-19 pandemic brought with it a new set of challenges, but our team was at the ready to adapt to new circumstances while still providing a great experience for residents at The Bristal.
Today, we continue to follow all protocols and procedures as directed by the federal, state and local health authorities. In many cases, we’re going above and beyond those guidelines with our own policies here at The Bristal. Below you’ll find just some of the ways we’re still working to help protect residents, staff, and their families alike:
- Everyone who lives or works at The Bristal is being monitored daily for signs or symptoms of illness, including temperature checks.
- Masks are a must in all common areas unless state regulation or vaccination status allows for residents to remove them.
- The Bristal team is adequately supplied with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand soap, and hand sanitizers to help reduce the risk of spread.
- In accordance with New York and New Jersey state mandates, The Bristal team members are either required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be tested regularly at intervals set by the state.
- We continue to follow infection control guidelines including frequent cleaning of all high touch areas with EPA registered disinfectants. For heightened cleaning purposes, we have electrostatic sprayers in all locations.
- Hand sanitizing products are available throughout the communities as a supplement to regular and frequent handwashing.
- We are providing ongoing in-services to keep everyone up-to-date on protocol and best practices, and offer continuous information and education to help everyone stay happy and healthy while at work or at home.
We know how important family is, and staying connected with your loved ones is as important as ever. The Bristal Assisted Living communities are all licensed by the State Department of Health. Both the New York State and New Jersey State Departments of Health are allowing visitation with some guidelines in place.
All visitors are subject to a health screening, and must adhere to all safety protocols while on the premises. We still encourage folks to stay in touch via phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, video chat, text and email. Please contact your community if you would like assistance scheduling a virtual session with your loved one – we’re always here to help!
Here are the most current mandates regarding visitation:
The New Jersey & New York State Departments of Health are allowing visitation. Visitation is permitted in resident apartments, or in designated common spaces – either outdoors or indoors. For visits which take place in any of our common areas, we require masks to be worn at all times and ask you and your loved on to remain socially distanced from others who may be in the common areas. Friends and family are welcome to visit with loved ones at any time in the resident’s apartment.
The Bristal continues to closely monitor all guidelines and directives set forth by the federal, state and local health authorities. The staff within each community continues to go above and beyond each day to ensure that our residents continue to experience the finest in senior living.
We remain committed to the health and safety of residents, their families as well as our staff. Below you will find some additional tools and resources:
- In The Spotlight
You can see what we have been up to at our communities here: thebristal.com/spotlight
- Connections Corner
We have set up a page where family and friends can send a message to staff or residents at our communities: thebristal.com/connectionscorner
- Updates from the State
For all of the latest updates from New York and New Jersey, current information can be found here: coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home or covid19.nj.gov/. You can find a copy of our New Jersey outbreak policy here.