Prepared. Experienced. Committed.
Maintaining the health and safety of our residents and staff is always our top priority. From visitation to vaccination, The Bristal remains committed to the safety measures that we have put into place which are designed to help protect our residents, their families, and our team members.
The information detailed below may be edited or changed at any time as the COVID-19 situation changes and/or recommendations are updated by local, state, and federal health authorities. Always refer to this page for the most current date and time stamped information.
Last updated: 05/19/2021 15:44EST
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Residents and staff at The Bristal communities have been offered the COVID-19 vaccine through our on-site vaccination clinics. Each of The Bristal communities receives the vaccine through contracted pharmacy partners like CVS and Walgreens. The clinic dates and times are set directly by the pharmacies. Each community has its own schedule, and the dates are subject to change should the administering pharmacy reschedule.
We’re so glad to be bringing the COVID-19 vaccine to our residents and staff, and we’re hopeful for a bright future ahead!
Community Safety Protocols & Procedures
The Bristal is – and always has been – committed to the health and well-being of the residents in our care. The COVID-19 pandemic brought with it a new set of challenges, but our team was at the ready to adapt to new circumstances while still providing a great experience for residents at The Bristal.
Today, we continue to follow all protocols and procedures as directed by the federal, state and local health authorities. In many cases, we’re going above and beyond those guidelines with our own policies here at The Bristal. Below you’ll find just some of the ways we’re still working to help protect residents, staff, and their families alike:
- Everyone who lives or works at The Bristal is being monitored daily for signs or symptoms of illness, including temperature checks.
- Masks are a must in all common areas unless state regulation or vaccination status allows for residents to remove them.
- We’ve installed Plexiglas dividers on our dining tables as an added precaution.
- Though restrictions are slowly being lifted, The Bristal is still planning activities and meals with social distancing in mind. Group sizes are being kept small and spaced out, and more meal times have been added to allow for more distance while dining.
- Staff members are being tested regularly for COVID-19 in accordance with state mandates.
- Staff is adequately supplied with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand soap, and hand sanitizers to help reduce the risk of spread.
- We continue to follow infection control guidelines including frequent cleaning of all high touch areas with EPA registered disinfectants. For heightened cleaning purposes, we have electrostatic sprayers in all locations, and we are installing iWave-R ionization units to help purify the air.
- Hand sanitizing products are available throughout the communities as a supplement to regular and frequent handwashing.
- We are providing ongoing in-services to keep everyone up-to-date on protocol and best practices, and offer continuous information and education to help everyone stay happy and healthy while at work or at home.
We know how important family is, and staying connected with your loved ones is as important as ever. The Bristal Assisted Living communities are all licensed by the State Department of Health. Both the New York State and New Jersey State Departments of Health are allowing visitation with some guidelines in place.
All visitors are subject to a health screening, and must adhere to all safety protocols while on the premises – including wearing a mask at all times. We are still encouraging everyone to continue to communicate via phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, video chat, text and email. Please contact your community if you would like assistance scheduling a virtual session with your loved one – we’re always here to help! Here are the most current mandates regarding visitation:
- New York Communities of The Bristal:
The New York State Department of Health is now allowing visitation. Visitation is permitted in resident apartments, or in designated common spaces – either outdoors or in. The Bristal will continue visitation by appointment only, two visitors at a time, and with a time restriction. This will help ensure that we can safely accommodate the needs of our guests, properly monitor the distancing and mask guidelines that are in place, as well as clean the designated common visitation space between visits. You may contact one of the New York communities to set up your appointment.
- New Jersey Communities of The Bristal:
The New Jersey Department of Health issued an Executive Directive outlining a phased opening strategy and criteria for long-term care facilities, which includes The Bristal Assisted Living. Currently, both indoor and outdoor visitation is allowed, as long as there have been no new confirmed cases at the community in the last 14 days. In regards to other services like hair salon appointments, recreational activities, and dining services, are all determined by a specific community’s phase, outlined in the Executive Directive. These permissions may be changed at any time if one resident or two staff members test positive within 14 days – which the state defines as an outbreak. You can find a copy of our outbreak policy here. If you have questions, please contact one of our New Jersey communities to inquire regarding the status of that particular community.
The Bristal continues to closely monitor all guidelines and directives set forth by the federal, state and local health authorities. The staff within each community continues to go above and beyond each day to ensure that our residents continue to experience the finest in senior living.
We’ll continue to update this webpage as more information becomes available or as the mandates evolve over time. We will remain committed to the health and safety of residents, their families as well as our staff. Below you will find some additional tools and resources:
- In The Spotlight
You can see what we have been up to at our communities here: thebristal.com/spotlight
- Connections Corner
We have set up a page where family and friends can send a message to staff or residents at our communities while we remain socially distant: thebristal.com/connectionscorner
- Updates from the State
For all of the latest updates from New York and New Jersey, current information can be found here: coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home or covid19.nj.gov/