Prepared. Experienced. Committed.
Maintaining the health and safety of our residents and staff is always our top priority. From visitation to vaccination, The Bristal remains committed to the safety measures that we have put into place which are designed to help protect our residents, their families, and our team members.
The information detailed below may be edited or changed at any time as the COVID-19 situation changes and/or recommendations are updated by local, state, and federal health authorities. Always refer to this page for the most current date and time stamped information.
Last updated: 10/06/2023 13:42EST
Community Safety Protocols & Procedures
The Bristal is – and always has been – committed to the health and well-being of the residents in our care. Our team is always at the ready to adapt, while still providing a superior senior living experience for residents at The Bristal.
Today, we continue to follow all protocols and procedures as directed by the federal, state and local health authorities. In many cases, we’re going above and beyond those guidelines with our own policies here at The Bristal. Below you’ll find just some of the ways we’re still working to help protect residents, staff, and their families alike:
- Everyone who lives or works at The Bristal is being monitored daily for signs or symptoms of illness.
- The Bristal team is adequately supplied with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed, hand soap, and hand sanitizers to help reduce the risk of spread.
- The Bristal team members adhere to all vaccination and testing requirements outlined by the New York and New Jersey State Departments of Health.
- We continue to follow infection control guidelines including frequent cleaning of all high touch areas with EPA registered disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizing products are available throughout the communities as a supplement to regular and frequent handwashing.
- We provide ongoing in-services to keep everyone up-to-date on protocol and best practices, and offer continuous information and education to help everyone stay happy and healthy while at work or at home.
- Mask guidelines are being followed as set forth by the federal and state authorities. Please check with your local community for additional information regarding the status of masking for team members and visitors.
We know how important family is, and staying connected with your loved ones is as important as ever. The Bristal Assisted Living communities are all licensed by the State Department of Health. Both the New York State and New Jersey State Departments of Health are allowing visitation without restriction. All visitors are subject to a health screening, and must adhere to all safety protocols while on the premises. We continue to follow the guidelines of the New York and New Jersey State Department of Health and the CDC regarding masking during visitation.
The Bristal continues to closely monitor all guidelines and directives set forth by the federal, state and local health authorities. The staff within each community continues to go above and beyond each day to ensure that our residents continue to experience the finest in senior living.
We remain committed to the health and safety of residents, their families as well as our team members. Below you will find some additional tools and resources: