New York State Visitation Guidelines
Last Updated 09/29/2020
The New York State Department of Health is allowing limited visitation at assisted living facilities where there have been no new confirmed staff or resident COVID cases in the last fourteen (14) days.
Our residents are looking forward to visitors after such a long pause. As resident safety remains our priority, the following protocols are in place for visits:
- Visits are by appointment only. Please contact The Bristal community directly to arrange a visit.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older or accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- To allow all residents to enjoy visitors, visits will be limited to 30 minutes and 2 visitors per resident.
- Infection control:
- Signed consent prior to visit
- Screening for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 including temperature checks prior to visiting the resident as well as questions regarding recent travel
- Indoor and/or outdoor visits in designated areas (call your community for details)
- Visitors and residents must wear facemasks during the entire visit
- No eating/drinking during the visit (as this would require removal of mask)
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet during visit
- Hand sanitizing prior to and after the visit
- Cleaning and disinfection of visit area after each visit
- Staff will be present to help with the transition of residents, clean and disinfect the area after each visit as well as assist with adherence to the visit protocols.
- Visitation will be paused again should a new resident or staff COVID case be confirmed.
We look forward to welcoming visitors soon!