According to Webster’s dictionary, music is defined as vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony. What we personally view as music might vary from person to person but the health benefits are indisputable.
According to Harvard Medical School, listening to music offers the following benefits:
- Boosts the metabolic function, including the immune system
- Improves recovery from surgery
- Improves gastric symptoms
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Regulates energy
- Speeds up the metabolic recovery from stress
- Provides pain relief
- Stimulates a sense of meaning and self in someone with dementia
- Provides language and movement stimulation as part of recovery
Whether your preference is blues, rock, country or jazz, turn it up and enjoy!